Sunday, September 11, 2011

Asperger's Syndrome Part II ~ Symptoms

Thank you for checking out my second guide concerning Asperger's Syndrome! This guide will focus on the identification of gemon syptoms of Aspergers.
Ok, now, Asperger's is particularly known for a few symptoms that are quite gemon to most Aspies. The most prevelant symptoms are:
- Immature Social Skills
- Misreading Social Cues
- rigidity in thought
- Obsessive and Odd interests
Although these are the most gemon symptoms, there is a whole array of other symptoms to consider. Just because a child shows some of each of these symptoms, it does not necessarily mean your child has this disorder. However, if you notice a trend and a constant one at that, you may wish to contact a doctor.
Some other symptoms may include:
-Hyperactivity
-Sensory Issues
- Extreme upset when routines are changed
- Unnatural Fears - High Frustration
- Awkward movements (clumsiness)
- Much higher than average IQ
- Literal language interpretation
- Low Executive Function Skills- organizational thought
This is in no way a total list of symptoms, just the most gemon. In our case, my son's symptoms mirrored those of several different disorders. We went through many labels until we were able to say for sure it is Asperger's Syndrome.
Some of my son's symptoms led to diagnoses such as: -Obsessive gepulsive Disorder -Sensory Integration Disorder - ADHD -Bi-Polar Disorder and - Panic Disorder However, rather than having all of these separate disorders, each symptom is what made up his particular Asperger's Spectrum.
Each child will obviously be a bit different. Please be advised, that most of what I write is in no way meant to take the place of a proffessional opinion. I am basing all of what I write on my personal experience with my son's life and the research I have done.
That said, if you suspect that your child has any of these symptoms or issues, please contact your pediatrician to find out how you should proceed.
Please look for upgeing guides in my Asperger's Series! Next up, some tips and tricks we have learned along the way!
Awareness Art Reference Books Asperger's Syndrome Part I - Diagnosis

No comments:

Post a Comment