Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Quilting

My Sneaky Secret for Fantastic Patternsand Designs!
One day I was looking at a pair ofoutrageously expensivenew jeans that my ten year old daughter managed totear ahole in on her first day of wear.I was thinking to myself hmmm...what can I do to fix this hole and not only make it wearable but maybe even a little better?I,being a quilter with a fabric stash of insane proportions, decided to patch and embellish the jeanswith a cute little french poodle fabric. After I finished, it was cute but it needed just one final touch I could not figure out.
In one of my many trips to the craft store a week later I found my answer on accident: a sizzix diecut in the shape of the Eiffel Tower. I simply punched out the diecut and used it as a pattern by tracing around it with a fabric marker directly unto the jeans. I then stitched the outline and voila...eiffel tower silloutes. It looked so great that my mind wondered in what other ways I could put them to use. Then I realized I had hit thepattern mother load. Sizzix diecuts are super cheap per piece (only a few cents) and gee in almost every shape imaginable. Theymake fantasticapplique patterns for placemats, pillows, quilts,individual quilt blocksand anything else you want toapplique.Theyalsomake FANTASTIC quilting stencils!They have been invaluable to me.The designs are so plentiful people are always like.......WOW how in the world did youdo that??When this happens just smile graciously and let themassume you are agenius.

-Hope this is a helpful to you as it has been to me! If you did find this of interest, please be sure to vote below. Be sure to also check out my items on sale from time to time. I always love feedback on any work I do! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment